Wednesday, October 20, 2010

baik at it

Bad news first: my calfs still hurt like hell 10 days after the "FiveFingers Incident". I am downgrading status from soreness to injury. Shame on me for "trying out" a radical new shoe on a 3 hour run. But dammit, Donna Kastern trains 500 miles a month! Alyson talked to me today, and said "Daddy, you're gonna win the marathon, right?" I was like, "Honey, this one I'm going to finish" and she says "well, you better keep running them until you win one. You know, the winners get paid."

Good news: I ran an "easy ten" today. Funny... the first time in this training I ran 10, it almost killed me. I ran the same route today. Today I thought basically, 13 was easy, I nailed 23 the other week, 10's gonna be simple. And, awesomely, I actually ran it. No jogging, no walking. No looking at the stats during the run, either. Just went with feeling. Was pretty sure I was breaking a 10:00 pace, but was really pleasantly surprised to see my actual 9:15. That's the fastest run I've had in months, of any distance!

Regarding mobile training apps, I did Nike+ for a while but the user interface on the website simply sucks. I like RunKeeper a lot. DailyMile is nice too.

Rested in an ice bath, then hopped on the bike and knocked out another 15 on that, with some *nasty* hills :) in fact, pushed so hard that I shredded the pedal right off its post! Time to upgrade to my Trek in waiting :)

No comments:

Post a Comment