Sunday, October 10, 2010

the golden gate

vehicles of grace and pain
san francisco is the best place in the world to run. there were literally thousands of other runners and bikers on the trails with me
and the trails are great.
16+ miles
in my fivefingers
on serious hills
then on to 6 hours of acrobatic training
i can barely walk now my calfs are so sore
i think it was the hills
plus the acro :)
luckily my lovely acro playmates also gave me 2 hours of deep massage :)

had a truly spiritual experience at like mile 12
ran out onto the cliffs just next to the foot of the golden gate bridge
amazingly huge hawk was drafting in the wind
so perfect in form that i became convinced it was a custom kite
i ran up under her, and she flew down to me
i spread my wings, and she came even closer
i back arched and spread my wings max wide, and she glided closer still, directly above me
she ended up hovering about 8 feet above me, we mirroring eachother, for more than a full minute
in fact, it was a truly timeless moment of rapture and direct communion with nature
i was able to snap a few pictures of the approach before dropping my camera in completely stunned rapture. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment