Sunday, October 17, 2010

breakdown

pulled my back out jumping for a baseball yesterday... it wasn't even that hard of a jump, dammit!

Realised the other day while running, thinking about this past weekend, that I am in the upper 5% age bracket in my acrobatic practice.... though I must say, 50% of the top artists are also my age! Acrobatics is beautiful in its combination of strength and grace... the more you do it, the stronger you get, but the real mantra is: less effort, better results. i.e. we find and are coached to the pathways of maximum grace in our movements... and perfect balance negates the need for extreme power. :)

Today:
intention to run test marathon. lower back failed during trail running in Gold Branch Chatahooche Rec Area. Decided to get car ride home as opposed to serious injury. Must quit drinking. At least I'm wearing comfy shoes now :)

No comments:

Post a Comment