Tuesday, September 21, 2010

biathlon

15 miles cycling. hills are easy.
8.5 miles running. hills are food.

first part of run *sucked*. felt slow. cramping. thought: another 7 miles of this? urgh.
somewhere around halfway into it I began to pick up the pace
"negative splits" are really really great.

about 2/3rd in I realised I was completely lost when the downtown Atlanta skyline appeared in front of me. I was positive that I was travelling eastbound, and usually my compass sense is good... but Atlanta is actually 10 miles west of me. But somehow, this change of route made me very very happy. I realised unconsciously that I was running towards J's house. J is my acroyoga partner. That made me really happy. I picked up the pace again. I turned to go home along a now familiar route. I sprinted hard uphill for the final mile. Stats say I ran a 6:30, though I find that highly unlikely. Either way, it was a fast mile. Got to my house and found that I had locked myself out! Luckily my landlords were having a little hookah smoke in the backyard, enjoying Jupiter and the moon, and we chatted a bit and they found a way to open my door.

will need to do 10ish tomorrow. Plus will have another 15 on the bike to see the kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment