Thursday, September 23, 2010

victory is within reach

6 days
36 miles of running
72 miles of biking

gonna take a little chill down now for a day or two.
tonight put in another 9.5 running after 15 biking this afternoon.
not thinking about pace helped a lot.
i think running after dinner is stupid. gonna change that habit.
took the first 3 miles to digest my food
then it was another 3 of struggle
at 6, i ran past an outdoor bar, and seeing all those people see me, i got this huge adrenalin rush, and doubled my speed.
i was able to maintain 50% of that speed gain for pretty much the final 3 miles.
felt pretty damn good.
the FedEx open is right across the street from me, literally.
http://runkeeper.com/user/AcroYogi/activity/17031369
see that blue lake next to the 9 mile mark?
that's east lake country club. my house is the green dot.
all the roads are closed off,
but the police still let me run and bike next to the course.
the Goodyear blimp is here! :)
so the general theme of these runs I'm seeing is, I hurt for the first half, then have some kind of epiphany (thought or physical), and mostly really enjoy the second half. I hope the actual race goes something like that, or even better! :)

Gonna enjoy my 2 days off.
Targeting 15 on Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment