Wednesday, September 8, 2010

a good day to die... almost :)

started off today with a 2.8 miler mini run @ 8:40 pace
hopped on the bike and kicked another 3 miles on some hilly terrain
leapt back onto the street and knocked out another 5 miles of running, at 8:00... by far my best pace ever

on the second part of the run, I was on a main road, and leapt off the sidewalk into the road to avoid a pedestrian.
The dude looks at me and screams... just then I hear this loud bang, and it takes me a second to realise that the van that just drove by at 45mph clipped my elbow! It freaked me out for a minute, but my adrenalin was so high that I felt nothing but a minor tingling. I thanked the ped for warning me, worked through my range of motion as I continued my run, praised god above for protecting me and being flexible, and made a promise to myself to be *much* more cautious about road running in the future... and to take more back roads :)

The journey continues...

No comments:

Post a Comment