Tuesday, September 28, 2010

pleasures & explorations

One of the pleasuers of maniacal running: guilt free eating.

My newest delicacy:
a slab of salted butter atop a square of raw chocolate chip cookie dough.
don't knock it 'till ya try it.
YUM!!!

Extra special thanks to Miss Rosie for introducing me to raw cookie dough as a snack during my tenure at Treasure Island. :)

late night 90 minute run tonight around the hood, 9ish miles

you learn a lot about what's going on in your neighborhood when you walk, cycle and run around it all the time. Last week was the finals of the FedEx Cup, some big deal golf tournament with Tiger Woods, Phil Mickelson etc. Since I was running and biking the police let me right through the security barricades. Woot woot.

And tonight I've noticed more and more actitvity around this old graffiti'ed warehouse complex. So I stopped and chatted with the police officer for a bit and he told me it was the 14 day filming of Fast and Furious 5, with Ludacris, Vin Diesel, etc... then he showed me the cars, they had like 4 identical tricked out blue Porsches sitting right there in the lot... schweet!

pace felt strong and fast most of the way
got very lost on the way home so my 1/2 mile sprint turned into a 2 mile sprint.
hahahahaha!
felt really good and strong tonight, even with running immediately after 2 tacos and 3 beers. GOOD!

No comments:

Post a Comment