Wednesday, September 1, 2010

black rock run reports

Squeezed in two runs in Black Rock.
4 miles @ 8:43 and
6 miles @ 10:10
running on flat ground *rules*
especially with sexy chicks handing you water :)

pushed it hard on last mile of 4 miler, again, found myself at very edge of losing bowel control. is there strategy for that on race day?

hopped the fence on the 6 miler and got to run in the wide open desert, city at my back and nothing but sky and sand and mountains in my field of vision, awesome primal / free experience... then perimeter patrol pulled up to me in a 4x4 and said "sir, could you please contain your run to within the boundaries of the city...?" hahahaha!

more on that experience, here:


back in ATL now, have new shoes, will be breaking them in tomorrow.
hope you had a great vacation.
processing my pics and stories from the desert.
probably one of my best burns ever.
G

No comments:

Post a Comment