Thursday, September 23, 2010

the punisher

So today I did 16 on the bike,
10 on foot.
felt pretty exhausted after the very hilly bike ride (4-5:30p),
so had lots of gatorade, big steak dinner, 3 beers.
then time to run the big 10 at 10pm!
running went fairly well.
running in the darkness on unlit roads under a full moon = cool.
running on a path next to a huge river with running rapids under a full moon = cooler.
having a large deer run right up to within 6 feet of me, pause, watch me pass, then sprint off... AWESOME!!
yes, all that happened :)

not pushing pace too hard, because every time i start sprinting, my body complains, and i am being super cautious about injury at this point. i want to finish the marathon.
I am also really thinking of throwing all pace goals out the window.
The 10 I ran today, was at a 10:15 pace.
http://runkeeper.com/user/AcroYogi/activity/16972942
It was supposed to be at an 8:30 pace by my spreadsheet.
Hahahahahahaaaaa.
I do really really want to beat a 4h:30m. Oprah Winfrey did it in 4:30. I *have* to be faster than her!!!!

Am enjoying working through thoughts while I run. Good moving meditation. Good reflections on life, relationships, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment